We have all heard of “fake it ‘till you make it.” But how about if we “make it ‘till we make it?” I have tried to switch my mindset from projection to projects. The only thing that will truly get us to where we want to go is to do. No amount of faking will give us the experience necessary to achieve our goals. Here are some ways I work on my art:
1. Do a little bit everyday.
2. Don’t put pressure on yourself to make it perfect.
3. Think quantity not quality- quality will come with quantity.
4. Set deadlines for yourself.
5. Find inspiration from similar work.
6. Don’t only search for inspiration.
7. Eliminate distractions. Working from home makes me want to snack and clean.
Just do it. Nike was onto something.